+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Base Rail

Default Base Rail

Ok, I did truly try to search for this first but I don't have search rights?

Anyway; are there any sources online for base rails? I just can't seem to connect.
    I just bought a used 8 year old pool and the base rail is a little rusted out. It might work but i'd hate to have to replace it in another few years.

What do you guys think? The sides are mint. Can't understand why they would just use aluminum in the first place?

Thanks.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Base Rail

Hi, and welcome to the forum!!

Try using the google search link in my sig and see if that gets you any results. Do you know the maker of the pool? Maybe if you call the company that made it they can put you in touch with parts supplies?
    Janet

Yes, your google search worked.

The pool is from lighthouse and is about 8 years old. They had only a few rails in stock and the lady did say they were quite generic so i should be able to order from anywhere. Of course I was trying to find a little better price too. $10 x 12 rails that are just steel seemed just a little high. At least worth shopping around for anyway.
    They obviously come in galvanized. Are stainless and aluminum other options as well or does that just get to be too expensive? pretty simple design all in all.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

I think you may want to look at the over-all life of the pool: an SS rail would last 50 years, but the rest of the pool won't.

+ Reply to Thread