+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pool test kit confusion - help!

Default Pool test kit confusion - help!

I've read through a number of threads and want to make sure I understand what I *should* be doing on a daily and weekly basis for testing my 12,500 gallon chlorine pool. My understanding is that it's generally recommended to use an OTO test kit for daily checks and the DPD kit for weekly checks. My question is if there is one kit that does both?

I've been looking and trying to do comparisons between the Taylor K-2006 (which appears to be FAS-DPD only) or a combination of the HTH 6 way test kit + Taylor K-1004 Troubleshoot DPD test kit. I just want to make sure I get all of my bases covered and minimize purchasing unnecessary items.

Thanks in advance for your help in clearing my head on this!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Pool test kit confusion - help!

It takes awhile to get a K2006, so we generally recommend buying a local OTO/phenol red kit to use during the wait, and also as a quick check to spare test chemicals in the K2006. If the HTH 6-way happens to be available locally to you, we highly recommend it -- it is a compatible Taylor kit. Unfortunately, it's only available from Walmart, and distribution is spotty.

Default Re: Pool test kit confusion - help!

Thanks for the quick response. The HTH 6 way kit is available locally for me so I'll go ahead and pick that up tomorrow. Will be ordering the Taylor K-2006 kit this evening and then it's fun and adventures as I learn to maintain the pool for my first summer season!
    11.5K gal Pebble-tec pool; Pentair Clean and Clear 420 cartridge filter; 2 Hayward 1hp pumps, 1 for the filter, 1 the Paramount in-floor cleaning system.

+ Reply to Thread