I am a newbie to this forum and a newbie pool owner. We have a 9500 gal IGP
Running a sand filter. This is our first year opening the pool. We had someone come in and close the pool last fall. We used their winter kit and a jug of spring cleanup last fall. We opened the pool and the water looked pretty clear except for some cloudiness at the bottom of the deep end. Reinstalled the plugs and started up the pump. We have foam all over the top of the surface and the water looked cloudy. Went to the pool store and got their arm load of stuff to put in it. Noticed that the jets seem to be shooting out lots of air bubbles. Went back to the pool store today and they now think it is a air leak somewhere. They told me to close off the main drain side and see if it still happened and then close off the skimmer side and see again. Both times the white water effect was in the pump basket and the jets looked like a whirlpool. I am having a really hard time getting the pump to prime also, having to put the hose in the pump pipe to get water filled. Can anyone suggest anything at all?

At first I thought it was their chemicals they sold me last year, now I am scared I have a leaky line, or could it just be a fitting is not tight? The lid to the skimmer basket seems different this year, like it isn't sealing all the way.

I appreciate any comments and suggestions!