+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone with a Blue Diamond or Blue Pearl cleaner?

Default Anyone with a Blue Diamond or Blue Pearl cleaner?

I saw these on ebay and was wondering about them. Blue Diamond is very expensive, but the Blue Pearl is about the same as a Dolphin. I couldn't connect with the manufacturers website for whatever reason-Watertechcorp.com. I think they make the PoolBuster too.

If anyone can share their experience with these I'd appreciate it.

Thank you!

Default Re: Anyone with a Blue Diamond or Blue Pearl cleaner?

Did you ever find anything out about the Blue pearl?

What I've heard so far as I'm darned interested in both models:

Watertechcorp.com is the company of the son of the founder of the maker of all the Aquabot robotic cleaners. They also make the PoolBuster. They make the Blue Diamond (regular and remote control) and a commercial version of the Blue Diamond. In 2006 they came up with the Blue Pearl, which is a slower version of the Blue Diamond with a 3 hour cleaning time and lacks a sensor or two as well. How this impacts it's effectiveness, I don't know.

Going to the website that you are requested to send emails to about service leads you to www.aquatron.us and that's the "high class" side of the famous Aquabot line. It features the Aquabot Bravo and Aquabot Viva. Looking at the pictures, these are probably identical to the Blue Diamond and Blue Pearl. The giveaway in my eyes is the single or double PVA rollers/brushes that ONLY the Blue Diamond/Blue Pearl and Aquabot Bravo/Viva feature.

So in my investigation:

Blue Diamond = Aquabot Bravo
    Blue Diamond Remote Control = Aquabot Viva
    Blue Pearl = Since neither the regular or premium Aquabot lines have a cleaner that matches the Blue Pearl's specs, I suspect it's actually a new product with no Aquabot cousin.

The more I research, the more confused I become with all this damn co-branding and relabeling. In the end though, I think I'm going to get a regular Blue Diamond as it's cheaper than the other models and with the Dolphin horror stories, it's worth a shot.

Hope this helps

Rescue30 is offline ** No working email address ** Rescue30 0

First let me start off by saying I have owned and tried , the Polaris 380, Polaris 360,Polaris 340, Baracuda G3, Letro Legend, Letro Platnium Truck, Aquabot plus wireless remote, all these were bought and then returned or sold on Ebay .I now have a Blue Diamond remote AND a Hayward Phantom.I drive over 6 hours for work each day and WILL NOT vacuum my pool after a whole day of work, so I own the 2 best pool cleaners (in my humble opinion)If you want a pressure cleaner go with the Phantom , if you're looking for robotic go with a Blue diamond .I am on my third season with the Blue Diamond , I got it at Frontgate for $1100 brand new , I saw it on their website, wanted to get it but the $1600 price tag was a little too much for me , one day I go on the website and one of their geniuses swapped the prices of the remote model to $1100 and the regular model to $1600 !!!! I jumped for joy, placed my order , and sure enough they shipped it out and charged me $1100, couple of days later they realized their mistake and swapped the prices back to their correct amounts.My boss, who uses my pool decide this year to give me a pool present , he gets me a Dolphin Dynamic remote , I figured what the hell, let me try it , if it's good I'll sell the Blue Diamond on Ebay , probably get my $1100 for it as they are going now for $1600 new and I also gain a 3 year warranty on the Dolphin , i throw in the Dynamic and it's a total waste of time, !! goes back and forth over the same line for 2 hours ! I call customer service , they tell me to set the cleaning time to 8 hours as my pool is 25 x 40 .tried that and then it went over the same line for 8 hours !!I sold it on Ebay, and kept the cash .The Blue pearl is a less expensive model but I'm sure it's fine, you can order them from Frontgate and they have (just double check for yourself before you buy) a 90 day money back guarantee, use it for the summer and see if you like it .The Dolphin's were the original robotic pool cleaner , looks like their American rep for them, copied the cleaner and opened Aquabot, Watertech which makes the Blue Diamond is the son of the owner of Aquabot . in fact the Blue Diamond warranty registration card goes to Aquabot service department !!

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

My Dolphin started doing that after almost two years of reliable service. Now I'm going nuts trying to get it to run right. It's been to Smart Pool for service once and they claimed it was just fine. They are trying to tell me it's the water--pH should be 7.0-7.2 which is absurd.

I am SO looking at a Blue Diamond!
    Carl

Rescue30 is offline ** No working email address ** Rescue30 0

Smile Re: Anyone with a Blue Diamond or Blue Pearl cleaner?

Get the Blue Diamond you won't be disappointed , in fact I live in Lakewood and figured the Dolphin was easier to get service for as opposed to Driving 50 minutes to service the Blue Diamond . I'll take the drive

+ Reply to Thread