+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: And the work begins!! YAY!!!

NWMNMom is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver NWMNMom 0

Thumbs up And the work begins!! YAY!!!

It has been raining on and off for weeks and we had to wait for the road load frost limits to be lifted before we could start with the construction and deconstruction for the new 18x33 buttressfree AG pool. The limits came off on Monday, the Class 5 arrived on Tuesday, tractors running, the blade leveler tractor - shovels and rakes going steady. The trucks coming in with the Class 5 had to run through a lower wet area of the yard to get to the pool area (which is a bit higher and drier) and one got BURIED almost 2 feet - we had to use both of our tractors with duelies to get him out. Talk about yard ruts - maybe I should just put in more garden ponds there now.

We got the transit last night and started to work on making sure everything is level - boy is THAT some work and rework, Class 5 sets up like concrete. The plate compactor comes in tomorrow (more work for the transit after that) and we hope to get the straps and patio blocks buried level this week. Masons sand is on order for when the blocks are in this week and track is laid out.

We are crossing our fingers that the forecast for 78, sunny and no wind for next Friday (26th) holds out so that the walls and liner can go up and in, filling to start. We have been taking pictures so far through the process so will post them as we actually get something that looks like progress. Thanks to everyone who has helped out this Nervous Nelly so far with our big project!
    Beats driving to the lake!
    18'x33'x52" AG oval, hard plumbed system, 22" Pentair Meteor Filter 1.5hp pump, Goldline SWCG System, 2/4x20 SolarBear Panels, Biltmore Steps - 16x14' composite deck, Pool Rover Jr

Default Re: And the work begins!! YAY!!!

Hey, I am glad to hear you are getting things going. Had to laugh about the truck getting stuck. Sounds like a real project.

My wife and I, we work together, built a 15 x 30 AGP today, collected our $850.00 and were home by three. Two things are meant by that statement. I expect great things from you and expect many photos. I am also here to help in anyway possible, as long as I have photos to work with.

Best of luck and I hope to celebrate your success with you, Dennis
    AG pool installer
    Arizona

Aranon is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst Aranon 0

I'm there with you. I hope to finish leveling all the supports and get the wall up this weekend. Had to stop a while because my neighbor behind me broke a sprinkler pipe and it flooded my yard and my other neighbors yards too. At least I found out his runoff water comes in our yard. Never knew that. Lots of work to do this week end. Hope to take lots of pics. Hope you take a lot and post them for us to see.
    Aranon

Man I never knew there were going to be this many nuts and bolts.

Aranon, I was thinking of you as I was working today. I had my camera and took lots of photos.

Do you have any photos to post yet? I would love to see how you manage your unusual situation.

Later, Dennis
    AG pool installer
    Arizona

Aranon is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst Aranon 0

Dennis, I'm still waiting for you to hopefully reply to the sand and concrete post.

So we started with a nice protected "nook" in our yard -

Pic 1 is back in April
    Pic 2 tractors pushing pulling and blading
    Pic 3 Have transit and plate compactor, will level
    Pic 4 Straight side supports together

We actually have to bury the patio blocks yet (more hard work and level issues) and just decided to put some things together first - We wanted to save some of the "fun" for the other days ; )
    Attached Images
    Last edited by NWMNMom; 06-07-2006 at 10:32 PM.
    18'x33'x52" AG oval, hard plumbed system, 22" Pentair Meteor Filter 1.5hp pump, Goldline SWCG System, 2/4x20 SolarBear Panels, Biltmore Steps - 16x14' composite deck, Pool Rover Jr

Curved side patio blocks are in, level under base plates and backfilled, rail is on - this part was all evening after work today. We still have a small discrepancy between the second straight side upright and the rest - BOTH are about 1/4-1/2" short from the rest. We will try to shimmy them back a bit more before the wall goes up. Tomorrow, we put some landscape fabric down and thats probably it, our lives have been on hold for over a week already - sand comes Wednesday morning. If all goes well, we hope to get walls up on Wednesday or Thursday and we took a vacation day to get liner in on Friday (79 and sunny expected!) - filling will start then! I have a case of bleach on standby. All the best laid plans....hope Mother Nature cooperates!

Yesterday we were able to fix the upright situation and had the sand hauled in - I really thought Masons sand would be finer than this, and it says "Masons Sand - Washed and Screened" on the bill - $30 a yard and there are stones in it. My sons spent HOURS picking stones out, some almost up to walnut sized.

We carted it all into the center of the pool area and got the wall up and duct taped the bolts, etc.. That went pretty well but it got dark so staking, duct taping and supporting was put up so that we could finish after work today - taping in the plastic vapour liner plastic for the cove, spreading the sand, etc so the liner can go in on Friday....Mother Nature became disagreeable and front rolled in a 3:30 am today so we were out there before the sunrise trying to re-support and brace the whole system from a HUGE north wind gust that pushed the entire East side and NE corner out of the track. No damage to anything and no wall crinkles - knock on wood.

I will be a nervous wreck all day today and until tomorrow when we get the liner in and its filling good. I believe when this is done, I will need SEVERAL blenders of Pina Coladas.

matt4x4 is offline Lifetime Member Verb Herder matt4x4 2 stars matt4x4 2 stars

One word of advice, don't wait til it's done!
    Mine sat through several storms for over a week staked down and never budged, I had one stake per section going.
    This worked well for me (in case you have to continue staking it down), get some stiff wire and bend it in a V, then bend the tips so it hooks over the top of the wall and the rope can be connected in the crook of the V and down to your stake, use rope that doesn't stretch (esp. when wet) - this will make a big difference on holding it in place.

Are you suggesting we break out the coconut rum NOW??? May I PLEAZZZZE???? There are NO pool installers for hundreds of miles around or believe me, the loan would have been bigger, a pool installer out and my marriage and nerves no longer at risk. This is a big job and I am just SO worried about doing it right I dream about leveling patio blocks at night....The first frost Pina Colada goes to the hubby for all his hard work and letting me bully him into"...that ones not right, dig it up and lets try it again..." for the 100th time.

A full pictorial of the pool construction has been taken and will continue until its ready for swimming...thanks for standing by with all the great advice so far to all who have helped.

+ Reply to Thread