+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Cloudy water

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Cloudy water

Quote Originally Posted by poolpuppy View Post
    I can see the whole skimmer hose......WOW, it's starting to clear. Just wanted to share some good news.
    One more question. Has anyone thought of doing or did disconnect the skimmer hose from the bottom of the skimmer basket and let it go to the bottom so it would intake water from the bottom of the pool? It's easily reattached to the skimmer basket to get stuff off the top.
    Wouldn't it just be easier to attach a vacuum and do just that instead of disconnecting the skimmer hose?

Glad it is starting to clear up!

I am glad its clearing too and thanks to you guys and gals I think "I fought the pool and I won"
    When I don't have time to vacuum it just thought detaching the skimmer hose and putting it on the floor of the pool would help and it could run for hours that way. I was just concerned that it could pull too hard on the vinyl lining if it reached the bottom. I was just wondering if anyone had done it.
    15 ft Intex 3200 gallon agp. Intex GP53366EG 2500 gph pump with size B filter as of 5/21/2012. Used 1000gph pump before that for 2 yrs.

One more question. Has anyone thought of doing or did disconnect the skimmer hose from the bottom of the skimmer basket and let it go to the bottom so it would intake water from the bottom of the pool? It's easily reattached to the skimmer basket to get stuff off the top.[/QUOTE]

Should I repost this in the Intex Pool section since I've had no responses here?
    15 ft Intex 3200 gallon agp. Intex GP53366EG 2500 gph pump with size B filter as of 5/21/2012. Used 1000gph pump before that for 2 yrs.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

I think you may be the first to try it (or at least post about it). This is an Intex forum so it seems like the right place to me. Maybe if you left the skimmer housing on the hose (not the basket or float) you could reduce the risk of catching the liner in the suction.

Tried putting the whole skimmer housing, per Dave's suggestion, on the floor of the pool today and it seemed to get the cartridge filter dirtier. Been able to see bottom of pool for few days now but still a little cloudy
    Should I continue with 1/2 to 1 gal bleach per day til completely clear?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

You haven't posted a new set of water testing results since June 5 so I really can't comment on what you need to do from a chemical standpoint. Also, give us an update on what the water looks like.

+ Reply to Thread