+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone use the The Pool Blaster Max (HD or CG)?

Default Does anyone use the The Pool Blaster Max (HD or CG)?

The Pool Blaster Max is a battery powered spot cleaner that mounts on the end of a telepole. Sort of like an underwater dust buster. I like the idea of spot cleaning without having to drag the suction cleaner hose out and run the pool pump. This would be really useful to pickup a leaf on the bottom or clean the sun shelf where my automatic (suction-side) cleaner won't go.

I my research it sounds like (to some) this device only lasts a year or so before water gets inside it runins the battey or motor. Then a repair is almost as expensive as the device costs. I know most user reviews are done when the user is either very happy with their purchase (new user) or the device turns out to be crap.

So, I asking here, does anyone use this thing, does it work, will it last at least a couple of seasons, and/or is there something else/better available.

Thanks for your time and response(s).

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Does anyone use the The Pool Blaster Max (HD or CG)?

There are some previous posts around the forum on this question--you might want to use the google search function in my sig to look around for them...one of the other mods, CarlD, had that same problem, and ended up changing his battery out a couple of times over 2 or 3 seasons. I personally have one, and it's still working fine on the original battery. I got mine about 4 years ago and have been very, very pleased, although I think mine was one of the original Pool Busters--the HD and CG are updated models of the one I have.
    Janet

Okay. Your experience is good enough for me. I'm going to get one.

BTW - on the search feature how do you string a couple of words together? Is is something like Pool+Blaster or "Pool Blaster" (with the quotes). Neither seemed to work right. I got everything with "pool" in it.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Try running the words together... i.e. "poolblaster" and see if that doesn't help.

Janet

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

CountryBumkin, please let us know how you like the pool blaster max when you get a chance to use it. I am thinking of making that purchase myself...

For those that already have one, does something like this clean up fine particles like dust/dirt or no?
    18' round 7.5K gal AG vinyl pool; bleach; Hayward C900 cartridge filter; Hayward Power Flo Matrix 3/4HP pump; hrs; HTH 6-way test kit
    ; community; PF:16

The bag that came with mine does not do small particles--but there is a fine mesh bag that you can purchase separately that is supposed to get smaller stuff than the standard bag. I have put a handfull of cotton balls in the standard bag before and it works fairly well to pick up things like sand and small rocks, but it doesn't do much good with pollen. People say the finer mesh bag works really well, I just never could justify the $25 cost for a separate bag when it was easier just to vacuum to waste with large amounts of pollen.

Yeah I wouldn't pay $25 for a bag either. I wonder what type of fabric they are.... it looks like something that could be made pretty easily. Hmm
    18' round 7.5K gal AG vinyl pool; bleach; Hayward C900 cartridge filter; Hayward Power Flo Matrix 3/4HP pump; hrs; HTH 6-way test kit
    ; community; PF:16

Yeah, it probably could be made pretty easily, it's made out of a flexible nylon-feeling mesh, but attaching it to the collar that attaches it to the vac would be a real PITA.....

Janet

+ Reply to Thread