+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Install of Used Gibraltar Pool

Default New Install of Used Gibraltar Pool

My husband and I were the grateful recipients of a 13 year old used Gibraltar pool last year. We dismantled it very carefully and have been storing it in pieces in our basement for a year. We're in the mood for a project, so we started gathering an action plan to get this big thing up and have come across a million questions that don't seem to be addressed in the installation manual. The first is the liner. I see that Gibraltar sells one for around $1000, as well as several companies that sell liners of the same size but without guarantees that it will fit my 13 year old Gibraltar. Anything in particular that I should be looking for or a price point that will give me a decent liner? Thanks in advance.

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: New Install of Used Gibraltar Pool

I would say the first question is where are you going to put it and do you have a level site? If not, what is involved in leveling it? How much effort/cost? My first pool I THOUGHT I had a level yard for an Intex 15' donut.... I had to build a base and when I was done, the southeast corner was flush to the ground but the northwest corner was 15" high!
    My second (current) pool also needed a base but being 40' long that same NW corner is about 3' high, and the SE corner is flush.

Carl
    Carl

Default Re: New Install of Used Gibraltar Pool

What is the diameter of your Pool? The main thing is the liner thickness. As a general statement, thicker is better. Plain liners are usually cheaper than ones with patterns or designs, and your pool size may limit your choices. You will have to determine the best deal for your money. You will also want to buy new plastic liner clips that clip the liner to the side wall.
    If you can afford a swimming pool and computer, you can probably afford to help keep the PoolForum alive. Please be a responsible member and subscribe today. You'll probably save more than the membership fee on your first trip to the pool store. BTG

+ Reply to Thread