+ Reply to Thread

Thread: esther williams pool liner

Default esther williams pool liner

I recently bought a foreclosed house with a neglected pool. The pool is a 33x18 above ground pool with a deck surrounding it. on the top rail at the posts it has metal covers the read "EW" upside down they look like MB or M3 but I'm almost 100% it is "EW". after hours of searching on the web I've come to the conclusion it is an older Esther Williams pool. Keep in mind I've discovered this after the mistake I made described below. The mistake I made was with the liner. I measured the height of the pool wall from the inside of the pool to the top of the wall, it measured 48 inches so I ordered a 48 inch liner, it also had a beaded liner receiver along the top of the pool so I ordered a uni bead liner. I got the liner and started installing it, the seem was about 4 inches above the foam cove I installed. It turns out I measured the pool wall height with the old sand cove and I have a 52 inch wall. The unibead liner seams to fit in the receiver I have pretty well. I'm now learning that the EW Esther Williams pool uses a non standard bead on the liner. I have no idea if I have the original EW bead on my pool or if someone has converted it to the universal beaded liner. The pool had no liner in it when I bought the house and no pieces of the liner remained in the track. can someone measure a standard track/beaded receiver and let me know width and depth. also if I do have a EW receiver has anyone converted it to a standard bead receiver. Thanks, Andrew.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: esther williams pool liner

Hi aselby,
    I'm bumping this post up so somebody that can answer it for you will see it...

Forum traffic is HUGE right now, so it may take a few days to get an answer. Don't give up!
    Janet

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: esther williams pool liner

Liners do stretch, especially new ones, and some are made to stretch quite a bit (for AGs with 6 or 7' deep centers), so it is might be possible to use it anyway--but I'll let our pro-installation guys give a better opinion on that.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread