+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting rid of that sandpaper junk on my vinyl liner

Default Getting rid of that sandpaper junk on my vinyl liner

Help!!! What is that sandpaper junk stuck to the bottom of my pool? Please can someone tell me how to get rid of it? We have lowered the ph and alkalinity and have added some metal out.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Getting rid of that sandpaper junk on my vinyl liner

Hi and welcome to the Pool Forum. First off, we need to know more about what type of pool you have, volume,type of filter, size of pump. We also need a current set of water testing results taken with a drops-based kit. If you don't have a good kit, you need one. See the test kit page in my signature below. The kit we recommend is the Taylor K-2006 or 2006C. Without some numbers, we really can't help much.

Also, tell us if you have any other equipment and also tell us exactly what all you have added to your pool. What does your water look like?

Don't start throwing chemicals in there randomly. Usually that just makes things worse. Send some pics to poolforum@gmail.com so we can see what you are talking about. Reference the URL of this thread so the pictures get matched up with your post.

By the way, I deleted your duplicate posts. FYI -- when a new member makes a post, it goes into a moderation queue where one of us has to approve it and mod it in. So, no need to make a duplicate. It will show up as soon as one of us has time to mod it in.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Getting rid of that sandpaper junk on my vinyl liner

If your calcium and pH were high, and it looks sort of like this:

--

or before clean-up, like this:

then, it's calcium carbonate deposits from sand algae.

(PS: I'm leaving the thread here, till I can see which section it goes in: in-ground, above-ground or Intex pool )

If that's what you've got, you'll need to provide the info Watermom asked for, AND get a Taylor K2006 test kit (see test kit info page in my signature), in order for me to help you remove it without damaging your pool.

Do *NOT* add more chemicals to your pool, trying to remove it.

+ Reply to Thread