+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 400 cya

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: 400 cya

Quote Originally Posted by PoolDoc View Post
    (Embarrassment: it could be worse. I've still never published the story of how I turned a 300,000 pool DARK purple while it was full of swimmers -- testing a new idea that turned out to be a really, really bad one! It's been years, but still is uncomfortable to recall!)
    Ok, Ben, give. You can't give that little blip without telling the story.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

It's too long a story. Ask me in July . . . if traffic dies down.

(I can't believe the metrics I'm seeing today. If it goes up in June, we are going to be SO hammered!!)

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by PoolDoc View Post
    (I can't believe the metrics I'm seeing today. If it goes up in June, we are going to be SO hammered!!)
    I know! I need to be researching online to find steps for my pool since my old ones won't work with the new pool but I can seem to get a break in posts to take care of my own pool issues!

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Watermom View Post
    I know! I need to be researching online to find steps for my pool since my old ones won't work with the new pool but I can seem to get a break in posts to take care of my own pool issues!
    Maybe you should start a new thread asking your equipment questions.

Oh, You did. I'm so far behind here right now.
    Last edited by BigDave; 05-22-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: I'm dopey

Drained and filled the pool. Took over 2 days. But WOW. The effectiveness of adding bleach is now remarkable. The fresh water was a little green and I added about about 12 gallons of bleach and a quart of Cu algaecide. All algae that I've been fighting for months to get off the sides of the pool disappeared over night.

I'll start doing ph, cl and cya tests over the next few days, Thanks kevin
    36K gal IG free form plaster pool

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

You don't really need the algecide - chlorine is a very effective algecide. Copper comes with it's own set of troubles. Please don't pollute all that nice new water with that nasty old copper.

Start testing pH, FC, CC, and TA right away. With a plaster pool, you'll also need to know your CH.
    How are you planning to add stabilizer to you new water? How much do you plan to add?

+ Reply to Thread