+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jandy aquapure 1400 service codes 120-121

Default Jandy aquapure 1400 service codes 120-121

Have a Jandy 1400 throwing 120 & 121 codes. It's 2 years old and was a warranty replacement of another cell so I'm thinking I don't get warranty coverage. Nevertheless, I pulled the DC cable from the cell and the center pin is loose and can almost be pulled right out. There is also a drop of water leaking out very slowly. Is this corrosion of some sort? Is it normal that the pin is loose? Is this a defective unit and might be replaced at no charge to me? Any ideas? Thank You

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Jandy aquapure 1400 service codes 120-121

I'm going to have to write a generic 'boiler plate' answer for these 'electronic gizmo' questions, because they keep coming up, and we often can't help.

1. Unlike old school electro-mechanical pool gear, electronic gear from one mfg is NOT like electronic gear from another mfg. Where as an experience pool guy who knows pool heaters can probably work on ANY old-school pool heater, he can probably ONLY work on the electronic pool heaters he's been specifically trained to service. This makes finding competent service help OR ADVICE much harder.

2. I've emailed all the Contributing members, to see if any of them have SPECIFIC knowledge of YOUR unit. If so, they'll probably respond. Other advice here may, or may not, be accurate and useful.

3. I'm discussing with the Contributors how to answer these questions. Even when we can answer them, the answers apply to so few people, that they have less value than answers about say, disappearing cyanuric acid.

4. BUT, your best bet is to
    (a) go to the Jandy / Zodiac site, and download the manual,
    (b) step through their trouble shooter methodically,
    (c) if (when?) it doesn't help, call Zodiac using their vocabulary & your knowledge of the manual to try to reach their Level 2 tech support people (Level 1's will usually just try to walk you through the manual). Level 2 techs may know enough to help.
    5. Here's Zodiac's tech support contact info: 800-479-6218 or vista@zmp-zodiac.com

Sorry . . .

+ Reply to Thread