+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jandy Aqualink PDA

Question Jandy Aqualink PDA

Hi Everyone. Searched the forum and have not yet found an answer to this problem. My PDA for the Jandy Aqualink has been progressively getting worse. At first, it just started taking a little longer communicating with the Aqualink RS. It would say 'waiting' for like 5 minutes, then eventually would respond and allow me to make changes. It is now at the point where it never gets out of 'waiting.' I was thinking of just upgrading to the iAqualink so I can just use my iphone over wifi, but it is a pretty penny and I dont want to do this unless I have to. I have already tried powering it off at the breaker and then holding the reset button. It does not fic the problem.

Suggestions?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Jandy Aqualink PDA

I'm going to have to write a generic 'boiler plate' answer for these 'electronic gizmo' questions, because they keep coming up, and we often can't help.

1. Unlike old school electro-mechanical pool gear, electronic gear from one mfg is NOT like electronic gear from another mfg. Where as an experience pool guy who knows pool heaters can probably work on ANY old-school pool heater, he can probably ONLY work on the electronic pool heaters he's been specifically trained to service. This makes finding competent service help OR ADVICE much harder.

2. I've emailed all the Contributing members, to see if any of them have SPECIFIC knowledge of YOUR unit. If so, they'll probably respond. Other advice here may, or may not, be accurate and useful.

3. I'm discussing with the Contributors how to answer these questions. Even when we can answer them, the answers apply to so few people, that they have less value than answers about say, disappearing cyanuric acid.

4. BUT, your best bet is to
    (a) go to the Jandy / Zodiac site, and download the manual,
    (b) step through their trouble shooter methodically,
    (c) if (when?) it doesn't help, call Zodiac using their vocabulary & your knowledge of the manual to try to reach their Level 2 tech support people (Level 1's will usually just try to walk you through the manual). Level 2 techs may know enough to help.
    5. Here's Zodiac's tech support contact info: 800-479-6218 or vista@zmp-zodiac.com

Sorry . . .
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 04-30-2012 at 06:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread