+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attempting a AGP install

Default Attempting a AGP install

I just bought a 24' sharkline venture AGP. I am going to attempt to install it next weekend, and had a few questions. One.. Can I install the pump and filter next to my garage and away from the pool. The pool sits about 25 feet from the garage. The pump and filter will sit at about the same elevation as if it was sitting next to the pool, so I don 't think i'll have priming issues. And I plan on using schedule 40 pipe. Has anybody every heard of doing this and if so any problems from it?

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: Attempting a AGP install

I did it, about 10' but same deal. I have one skimmer and one return. I used flexible tubing to connect my buried pipe to the skimmer and return and to the pump and filter. I used unions between the hard piping and the flexible tubing to make assembly and winterizing eaisier. I purchased a mix of socket and npt unions from the same manufacturer so I could glue the socket end to the pipe and thread a tubing barb into the other side of the socket. You may also want to consider valves to shut the water for maintenance activities on the pump and filter.
    Good Luck
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

Default Re: Attempting a AGP install

Ya thats what I was thinking. Using unions where the pipe comes out of the ground. And also using shut-offs before and after the pump and filter to isolate them. Thanks for the advice.

+ Reply to Thread