+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Pool Owner in Minnesota

Default New Pool Owner in Minnesota

Hi! We are official pool owner for the first time! We are so excited for the summer, but I'm a little nervous about all the pool chemicals. I have been reading up on the BBB method and like what I am reading. Being new pool owners we have lots to learn. We have not set it up at this point, but what are the tips for us to do before setting up and once we have the water in. I am planning on ordering the test kit you recommend. Once we have the water in, do we just start right away with the BBB method? Adding bleach right away? Here is the list of items we bought (we bought a used pool).

28ft Round Doughboy Adobe Canyon Pool 2001
    2003 Gas-Fired Pool and Spa Heater (Raypak Millivolt) 265,000 BTU
    Skim-Line Deluxe Thru-Wall Skimmer
    Doughboy Powerline Pump
    Zodiac Nature2 Above ground Sanitizer
    Sequel II Filter

Based on these products, can anyone tell me what the first step would be once the water is in? Any and all help is greatly apprecaited! Thank you in advance for helping!
    Becca

Default Re: New Pool Owner in Minnesota

Congratulations on the new pool! I'm sure the experts will chime in with what your first steps should be, probably adjust Ph and get bleach in it ASAP. I notice you have a Nature2 system on your list. That's a mineral based sanitizer, and you may want to read this before you decide to connect it to your new pool: http://www.poolsolutions.com/gd/mine...es-a-scam.html

Personally, I wouldn't use it. If you want something to help automate sanitizing, I'd look to a SWCG or chlorine feeder system (assuming your warranty with doughboy doesn't forbid salt that is).
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

+ Reply to Thread