+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fill with only 1 foot of water and don't fill for 24-48 hours?

Jacob99 is offline Subscriber Thread Analyst Jacob99 0

Default Fill with only 1 foot of water and don't fill for 24-48 hours?

So my installer is coming tomorrow and I asked a few questions and one of the things that came up was that once the pool is up, I should fill it with 1 foot of water and leave it with just that foot of water for 24-48 hours.

I guess part of it is to give a little time to inspect the pool and liner, and that way if there is something wrong I don't have to drain the whole pool and buy the trucked in water again.

Just wondering if this is typical with installs. Should I put some liquid chlorine into that foot of water to prevent algae growth until the time I get the rest of the water trucked in?
    Wilbar/Sharkline Tahitian 23,900 gallon 30' Round AG, Hayward 1HP 2-speed pump, Hayward 300# Sand Filter, Taylor K2006c.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Fill with only 1 foot of water and don't fill for 24-48 hours?

Yes, by all means, put some bleach in. But, since the water is so shallow, and since there's no circulation, take a 5 gallon bucket, or small garbage can, and mix 1/2 gallon of bleach into 2 - 3 gallons of water, and then pour it around the pool. Take your fill hose, and wash off the splatters. Don't do this with nice clothes on -- you're likely to spatter, and bleach is very hard on clothes if it's a little concentrated.

Jacob99 is offline Subscriber Thread Analyst Jacob99 0

Default Re: Fill with only 1 foot of water and don't fill for 24-48 hours?

I'm actually using liquid chlorine so does that mean 1/4 gallon in 2-3 gallons of water? The liquid chlorine actually comes out cheaper than bleach at Namco when buying in a 5 gallon jug.

Install didn't go too well. Pool is up and looks great but the installer cracked a PVC drain pipe that was buried in the ground. I called a buddy of mine and he already fixed it for me.

Good thing I paid the town Board of Health and Building Department all that money for those permits to make sure where I was doing my dig was safe. They marked out the leaching field, septic, and distribution box. I already knew where leach field and septic were but I had no idea about the distribution box...apparently neither did they...lol.
    Wilbar/Sharkline Tahitian 23,900 gallon 30' Round AG, Hayward 1HP 2-speed pump, Hayward 300# Sand Filter, Taylor K2006c.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

+ Reply to Thread