+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minimum depth for Wanda Whale/Diver Dave/AquaBug

Default Minimum depth for Wanda Whale/Diver Dave/AquaBug

I've recently looked into the Wanda Whale/Dave/Aquabug cleaner from Hayward and have heard good reviews as an AG pool cleaner, but I cannot find information relating to the minimum operating water depth. I have an above ground pool with steel framing. The water is only filled to a level of about 20" for my 3.5 year old. I would never leave him swimming alone though. Does anyone have an idea of the minimum depth, or even just the height of the product itself ? I'm also thinking that adding a 90 degree hose connector would aid the cleaner in lower water depths. Other cleaner recommendations are also welcome, but not robotic cleaners. I'm looking into a low cost (and low labour) solution.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Minimum depth for Wanda Whale/Diver Dave/AquaBug

I have Wanda the Whale and am happy with it. The unit is probably about 8-9 inches tall? You would probably need the 90 degree connector or else the unit will probably just tip over. (It still may with the connector anyways but not sure.)

Default Leave hoses in water ?

It's much smaller than I imagined. It seems the hose that plugs into the unit does not rotate/swivel, which is necessary for the operation/turning of the unit (see end of http://www.ehow.com/video_4428886_wa...ale-hoses.html). Adding a 90 degree connector would be fine with unit with a swivel hose, but probably not with Wanda. Currently, its very quick for me to get setup for manual vacuuming. Can I leave Wanda in the water for prolonged periods ? Will the hoses curl leaving it in the water or only if they are stored dry curled ? The reason I ask, is if I have to connect hoses and throw Wanda in the water every time, I could have almost manually vacuumed the pool. I just installed a 16" sand filter, and oh boy, it makes a huge difference not having to vacuum up what I've just vacuumed. The intex filter/pump seemed to have worked the first season, but now it's useless (even with new filters). I suspect the lid does not seal with the filter anymore.

Thanks,
    N

14'x48" Intex cheapie with only 1500gal, Intex swg, 120sqft of solar power

+ Reply to Thread