+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jandy vs. Pentair

Default Jandy vs. Pentair

I'm working to select a PB and one of the builders provides Jandy and the other provides Pentair. Does anyone have an opinion on the quality or reliability of one vs. the other? Also, how does the Aqualink PDA-4 system compare to the Easytouch 4 for the iPhone interface? Pentair VS3050 vs. Jandy VS Flo Pro2? Pentair Clean and Clear CCP 420 vs. Jandy CL340? Pentair IC40 vs. Jandy Aquapure? Paramount PV3 vs. Paramount PCC 2000 in floor cleaners? Opinions on LED vs. regular in pool lights?

Thx

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Jandy vs. Pentair

My impression is that Pentair is generally preferred over Jandy and much preferred over Zodiac, who now owns Jandy. I don't have any experience with Jandy, so I can't say. But I will tell you that my own experience is that equipment varies within manufacturer lineups -- for example, I love the old Hayward Super Pump, for use on commercial kiddie pools, but the Hayward Northstar (now discontinued) is widely recognized as a dog!

One general observation is that products that are less than 3 years on the market are MUCH less reliable than those that have been on the market 5+ years. Also, you are in Florida, the US headquarters for lightning strikes. Electronics and lightning mix poorly together. Electromechanical motors, timers and controls are MUCH less susceptible.

Also, in-floor cleaners are a HUGE energy waster, costing you 100's or even $1,000+ per year in additional power bills to drive the very large pumps they require. Plus, as a class, what we hear suggests they rarely continue to function well after 5 years.

+ Reply to Thread