+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need to shock after "Babe Ruth" incident?

Default Need to shock after "Babe Ruth" incident?

Had the grandkids over this weekend, and I am not sure if it was a babe ruth laying on the bottom of my pool or something else
    I think I was able to get most of it out of the pool, but want to know if i need to shock the pool. I am still in the process of getting everything stabilized this spring, so I actually had a higher level of FC than I would normally run, but wondering if I need to raise it again. My FC is 6.5 with a CYA level of 30. PH is 7.6, TA and CH are a little high at 90 and 390 respectively. (I have an inground gunite/plaster pool with a SWCG).

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Need to shock after "Babe Ruth" incident?

Yes, I would go ahead and shock it--just overnight. Odds are that the chlorine levels you already had have taken care of whatever may be in the water, but just to be on the safe side, shocking is easy. Stuff happens....
    Janet

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

I'd also leave the tool used to remove the candy in the pool during the shock to get it good and clean too.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Also, if you are using cal-hypo, you might want to find other forms of chlorine to use. You're reading is ok for now but if it gets too high you may have cloudy water issues. Usually a calcium reading of 200-400 is what is recommended.

+ Reply to Thread