+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ben's kit for my pool?

Default Ben's kit for my pool?

I will be getting a vinyl lined pool with SWG. Will I still need a test kit as comprehensive as Ben's? I have read mention on here before of a Taylor kit(?).

Being new to all this right now simpler will be better. From previous(lost) posts it seems people with SWG generally worry about pH rising and not much else.
    Thanks!

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Ben's kit with the salt option is a better value than the taylor's kits. You would need 3 different Taylor kits to give you the tests that Ben's kit has and it would cost you over $125 plus shipping if you ordered them from Taylor to get the kits with the same reagents. You would also only be getting 3/4 oz bottles of reagent (except for the taylor salt test kit -- 2 oz) and would get several tests that really aren't necessary (acid and base demand) and some duplication of tests (pH). I know because I did a comparison online at the reagent level and once I finished I ordered Bens kit. You need to monitor free and combined chlorine, pH, total alkalinity, stabilizer and salt levels in any outdoor pool with a swg. Calcium hardness is not really a problem with vinyl or fiberglass pools unless you have a heater, grouted tile, or very hard or very soft water conditions in your area so it still might be a necessary test. I have a fiberglass pool/spa and am currently using a talyor kit (K-2005) but I have already preordered the ps234S. The taylor kit will not accurately measue high levels of free/combined chlorine and comes with, in my opinion, an insufficient amount of CYA (stabilizer) test reagent.
    Last edited by waterbear; 03-27-2006 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks. I will order it today!

please link me to Bens kit again.. I can't find it on here anywhere and would like to order one.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Kit page

http://poolsolutions.com/cart/ps234.php

Remember, this is a PRE-ORDER.

It still looks like we'll be on the shipping schedule shown (starting April 25).

A few, to those whose order have been in for quite a while, will go out sooner.

Thx,

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by PoolDoc
    A few, to those whose order have been in for quite a while, will go out sooner.
    I ordered about a week ago (said April 17 at the time). Is this still the case for those orders? April 17 ship was just about perfect for my opening.

+ Reply to Thread