+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Thank you pool doc!! Your the best.....

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Thank you pool doc!! Your the best.....

If you get ready to try a clarifier, Natural Chemistry does have one that worked well for me....I've had to use it when I added zeo to my filter and then started up the pump in filter mode instead of backwash, so I sent enough zeo dust into my pool to make it look like a mud pit. Three weeks of filtering didn't help, so as as last resort I tried the clarifier. The one I used was called Clear and Perfect. You add it, run the filter for a few hours, then shut it off. The next day I could see drastic results, and the second morning it was completely cleared up. The thing is, though--that once the stuff settles to the bottom it takes on a strange consistency and needs to be vac'd to waste to remove it from the pool because it's very easily stirred up again.

Well I have to say, today I got up early and read the Leslie's ultra bright clarifier instructions.

It said add 4 oz for 10k pool, or for really cloudy add 8 oz for 10k. So I added 6oz for my 6200 gal pool. I mixed with 2 gal water and poured in front of the skimmer slowly. ( I figure 6 oz was a good # for a cloudy 6200 gallon pool)

All I can say is I should have maybe tried this a few weeks ago

( I did add 2 oz early on, but was afraid to use more because of all the bad press here about using it.)

My theory is I just needed to use more..... I ran the pump on high with the cart and left for the day.

Came home later this afternoon to a sparkly clear pool.

Here are the results.

Pressure rose 1 psi

Total:

42 gallons of bleach, 1 box of backing soda, two pounds of CYA, 8 oz in total of clarifier, 25 days of none stop filtering, and lots and lots and lots POP!!!!! ( Pool owner patience)

And thanks to all who put up with my long winded posts. Especially Ben.

I know I was frustrated and my posts are hard to read at times when I ramble on about useless stuff.

See you all in the closing season. I am going to close the pool properly this year so I may not have this trouble next year.

P.S. Its too cold to swim...LOL ( I started early because last year it took the same amount of time to clear and all other pool owners were swimming when I wasn't)

Oh and if anyone knows finds out what the actual issue, about whatever was in my pool that was not filterable, please let me know.

Regards,

Your friend from NJ.

Mike
    12x18 vinyl AG 6.2K gal; Hayward equp: 16" sand filter (spring clean up) -- Xtream 100 sft cart (after clean up) -- Power Flo Matrix 1hp 2spd pump w/ AO Smith motor

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrosa View Post
    See you all in the closing season.
    Glad it cleared but ..... are you leaving us for the rest of the season?

Well no. I just kind of lurk around during the season and read up on stuff to help me along the way.

I don't feel I am a good advice giver here. I can only reply to posts based on my own experiences.

If that's what you mean.

I never really had and issue with my pool and have using BBB since I bought the pool in 04". I usually can figure stuff out myself, but these past two years were a doosey!!!

I have the rest figured out fine and don't want to tie up the forum.

Mike NJ
    12x18 vinyl AG 6.2K gal; Hayward equp: 16" sand filter (spring clean up) -- Xtream 100 sft cart (after clean up) -- Power Flo Matrix 1hp 2spd pump w/ AO Smith motor

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Ok. Well, we'll be here if you need us. Don't be a stranger. Pop in and say hi once in awhile! Have a great swim season!

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Congrat's, it's great to see your clear blue water. Perhaps as you lurk, you can offer your experience to others who have unfilterable cloudines. Have a great season!
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

Congrats on your clear water! Mine still isn't clear all the way. I have a whole new filter on the way and may try adding clarifier if the new system doesn't clear it up.
    18' round 7.5K gal AG vinyl pool; bleach; Hayward C900 cartridge filter; Hayward Power Flo Matrix 3/4HP pump; hrs; HTH 6-way test kit
    ; community; PF:16

Just to revive this thread to give aditional feedback.

2011 and 2012 I had cloudy pools that did not clear. I re read this whole post. What I can say is I did not use polyquat upon closing those two year. Is it related? IDK.

All I know is the past 3 pool closings I use polyquat. Upon opening, even with just my leaf cover, the pool stays somewhat clear. Just a fine layer of green on the bottom maybe. Pool cleared up fine the past couple of year with in days..

Not sure if it was that leslies algae stuff I added those two years.. Whatever it was it wasn't polyquat I know that for sure...

Well hope all is well here . I am sorry I have not been around.. Ill try to pop in more often.

Mike.....

Hi. Good to hear from you.

You have a long history. I use polyquat too, but only on closing. After I use it, I bring my FC back up to shock level.

Don't be a stranger!
    26K gal 20x40 rectangular IG vinyl pool; Apr 2014: New pump, liner, auto-cover, & water; Pentair Whisperflo 1HP pump; Pentair Trition sand filter; Cover/Star CS-500 auto cover; Taylor K-2006C; OTO

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

The polyquat certainly helps and it's been part of my closing routine for many years. But if you shock the pool thoroughly before you close, and open before the first algae bloom hits, you should be fine.

Meanwhile you CAN use a little polyquat weekly to inhibit algae, just 1 to 1.5 ounces. Polyquat can keep algae from starting if your FC goes too low briefly.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread