+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Upgraded Intex Easy Set pool pump and now have questions....advice please!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Upgraded Intex Easy Set pool pump and now have questions....advice please!

Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBob View Post
    Give it a couple of weeks and I will report back as to the difference between the Intex cartridges and the Unicell ones and how they both work being cleaned.
    Please do!

Do you recommend I just use the normal garden hose sprayer to clean the cartidges off or is it worth the few dollars it costs for the "official" cartridge sprayers worth it?
    I'm not even sure what the "official cartridge sprayers" are. Do you have a link?

I need to apologize to you because just a little more effort on my part and education has got me realizing that the Intex folks while not lying about their system, my be reverting to over simplifying things. If their replacement cell is made of copper (and that's what it looked like to me when I was giving it a quick look a couple of weeks ago), then their SWCG system is using copper ionization to make the chlorine from salt.
    Wow. I didn't realize that. I'm going to have to ask PoolSean about that.

Default Re: Upgraded Intex Easy Set pool pump and now have questions....advice please!

Here is the link to one of them I found. I found one exactly like it at amazon from the Unicell web page from your links....

http://www.google.com/products/catal...=0CL4BEPMCMAA#

For right now, can't fingure out how to do a 'real" link. I assume you will have to copy and paste.

Bob E.
    Intex 10' x 30" metal frame pool, Intex 2500 gph filter/pump, Intex Saltwater generator, SwimMax 11KW heater, 2 x Small Game Solar Domes.

I got the Unicell type B cartridges today. I can report that yes they may cost 3 times as much as the Intex units AND they are built around 3 times better than the Intex cartidges too. All the filter pleats are straight and do not flex much, unlike the Intex units. It appears because of the superior construction of the Unicell replacement cartridge, the unit HAS to filter better. Example, most of the pleats on a Intex unit seem to hug each other every 3 or 4th pleat. Normally when I take the Intex unit out of the filter assembly there seems to be uneven filtering......cleaner areas versus some other areas. The Unicell cartridge filter element pleats are ALL evenly spaced and generally even all the way around the filter front to back, inside to outside. Push the corner down on any Intex filter and they bend quickly, not so with the Unicell.

I have one Intex filter in the bucket soaking awaiting another filter change probably forced tomorrow a little early. So my feelings so far is that I bet the Intex filters can be cleaned, ya, they will be OK, but probably can't keep changing and cleaning all season long with them though. Based on construction, I am will to bet that the Unicells will take alot of cleaning and use before needing to be replaced......I am hoping the whole season. Part of my report I hope will be to also comment on if they last longer between filter changes. I notice if my pool gets used for most of Saturday and Sunday, I must change the filter out when I put the pool to bed Sunday evening.

Hopefully more this weekend.

Bob E.
    Intex 10' x 30" metal frame pool, Intex 2500 gph filter/pump, Intex Saltwater generator, SwimMax 11KW heater, 2 x Small Game Solar Domes.

+ Reply to Thread