+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Foam Cove

Default Foam Cove

Does anyone have experience using a foam cove rather than constructing it out of sand in their above ground pool? I just bought a 15 X 30 above ground pool this last weekend and ran across this item from Gladon at an online pool supply store. Will it make installation any easier?

Thanks!

matt4x4 is offline Lifetime Member Verb Herder matt4x4 2 stars matt4x4 2 stars

Default Foam cove...

Some people say it's great, personally, I received more negative responses than positive.
    I chose to duct tape a 2' wide strip of vapour barrier at the 1' mark of my wall and drape it down to the floor, then flat onto the floor and built my sand cove on that. I'm extreemely happy with the results.

gwrace1 is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst gwrace1 0

Default Pool Cove

We decided to go with the Gladon Perfect Bottom which came with the foam pool cove. It gave us a very smooth foot print free bottom that is impervious to nut grass and roots. We ended up with zero wrinkles in the liner and are very happy with the end result. Gladon warrants it for 10 years but it will probably outlast the pool.

ClearlyBlue Guest

Smile Foam pool coving!

When I replaced my liner to my 24 ft A/G pool. I purchased the foam pool coving! It has worked out great! You never need to worry about your coving washing away if you spring a large leak. It was easy to install and saved a lot of time with installing the new liner.

ClearlyBlue

Thanks for your input everyone.... I think I will try it.....don't see how it could hurt.

Ive installed AG pools for 7 summers and I have seen this stuff save pools. It does help the liner go in smoother and make the cove much smoother and uniform than having it made from sand. But it is kind of a gimeck. I would use this just on the fact that it made installation and troweling of the sand much easier.

Thanks
    Nick

Thanks
    Nick

Default do you still need sand?

Nick, I was wondering if you use the Gladon Perfect pool bottom, do you still need to do sand too? I have no idea how much sand costs to fill the bottom, but I'd bet it's more if you factor in the spreading out of the sand and the delivery than the $350 for the Gladon product.

+ Reply to Thread