+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water Level Dropped/Liner Pulling Away-HELP!!

Exclamation Water Level Dropped/Liner Pulling Away-HELP!!

Hey,

Well my season just started on a terrible note. I just looked under the cover for the first time this spring to see how bad the water is and to my shock the water level is incredibly low to the point that the shallow is almost empty! So low that my vinyl liner is wrinkling and pulling away from the sides and bottom! I assume it has to be a leak? My instinct is to start filling it up with water. Should I? What should I do?! Please Help!!

A
    Pool Specs: 20,000 gal. • inground • vinyl liner • Hayward s200 sand filter

21' kidney 20K gal AG pool; Bleach; Hayward S200 sand filter; Hayward pump; 8/10/2012hrs; Taylor k2600; utility water; summer: ; winter: ; iPhone; PF:6

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Water Level Dropped/Liner Pulling Away-HELP!!

I would assume a leak, also--and usually when the pool starts leaking, the water level will stabilize at the level of the leak. Do you see any obvious rips, tears, holes, around the existing water levels? Any places around the pool that have stayed wetter than usual?If you think the liner can be saved, you can try to fill it a little and then see if the leaking stops at the same level where it is now, but I honestly think that's just going to be a waste of water.

If the liner is wrinkling and pulling away, I would think that the answer is going to be a new liner, although there are some others around the forum that can tell you if it can be saved (Waste??? Ben???). The good news is that this time of year some of the liner companies are discounting last year's models to get ready for the new year liners, so maybe you can get a good deal on a new one.

I'm sorry the year is starting this way!!
    Janet

Thanks Janet. I fear the worst but will hold out hope that one of the other moderators has some good news about salvaging it.

A

21' kidney 20K gal AG pool; Bleach; Hayward S200 sand filter; Hayward pump; 8/10/2012hrs; Taylor k2600; utility water; summer: ; winter: ; iPhone; PF:6

I have inspected as best I can and cannot find any visible tears or punctures in the liner that would indicate a leak. I filled up the pool with enough water to raise the level about 2 inches, and it lost all of that in the least 48 hours, so there is definitely a leak.

Does anyone out there have any other advice or ideas on how I should approach this situation? Break down and call a pool company to inspect it? Help greatly appreciated.
    A

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Bumping this post up ......anybody have other ideas for this poster?

Janet

+ Reply to Thread