+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jandy PureLink/AquaLink RS/AquaPure Problem

Default Jandy PureLink/AquaLink RS/AquaPure Problem

I recently developed a problem with my five year old Jandy PureLink/AquaLink RS/AquaPure system. I知 not familiar with pool equipment so will tell you what I know. At first it appeared to have stopped generating chlorine, although I could still communicate with the PDA remote and adjust the settings on the AquaPure control panel. The PDA indicated 25,500 ppm with the AquaPure set to 50%. The AquaPure control panel read 200 ppm. No error code displayed. Per my local pool service center, actual chlorine was 0 and salinity was 3,400. I then cleaned the cell and the Flow/Temp/Salinity sensor, finding one of the sensor disks substantially covered in rust. I shut off the breaker and powered back up. I知 now getting Error Code 170, indicating a front board service condition or power hook up problem with a recommendation to call for authorized service. The PDA appears to have lost the programming and connection to the system. The AquaPure control panel switches no longer appear to function. I also can not silence the audible alarm like it says. Given that the wiring has not changed, I知 assuming the former is the problem. Is this something a skilled novice can diagnose and replace? (I知 skilled enough to have diagnosed and replaced the control panel board for my oven recently.) I知 out of work and just trying to save a buck, The PDA is Model P4. The AquaPure System is Model 1400 and the cell shows Model Nos. 200 and 1400.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Jandy PureLink/AquaLink RS/AquaPure Problem

I know nothing about this system, but hopefully someone will come along who will be able to help you. Just wanted to welcome you to the Pool Forum!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

The problem with electronic systems like yours is that solutions are unit specific, not generic.

By that I mean, mechanical parts that do similar things tend to be similar, so solutions that work on one, often work on another. But, with electronics, you don't have parts, as much as you have programing and wiring -- which tend to be specific not only to that manufacturer, but even to that model.

I'm going to move your thread out where others can see it, but I'm not going to hold my breath, while you wait for an answer. If it were me, I would:

1. Collect that exact make, model, serial number and approx date of mfg;
    2. Read the manual carefully - you can start here => http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Sup...edge-Base.aspx
    3. Search the web by model number;
    4. Call Jandy customer service: (800) 822-7933; productsupport@zmp-zodiac.com

I would call last; you are most likely to be able to get out of Level 1 support, and up to Level 2 (where you're talking to someone who knows which end of the wrench to grab!) IF you've already eliminated the easy problems yourself.

I've dinked around with a Jandy unit for 7 years now, starting from when they used to be Chlormatic II. If you become fairly fluent in the product and act like you know what you are talking about you may be able to get into customer service for the installers. In the past, I have had very good luck with them helping me out on testing. A couple of them dumped me when they found out I was an owner, another one told me I knew the system better than some of the installers that call. The weaker points of those units tend to be the circuit boards and the sensors. I've gone through four flow sensors, both circuit boards, and a couple of cells. I've not had to deal with the remote controls though. I believe Jandy has a trouble shooting guide that can be down loaded. I even think there was a link to it on a post here at some point in time. I"ve had good luck finding replacement parts and units on Ebay, but you are always taking a chance with private parties. I've been lucky so far. I can't help you out with the PDA part, mine is the simple set up.
    Jandy Aqua-Pure SWCG on 1.5" bypass to a venturi skimmer; in-floor cleaning system presently disengaged. pebble coat surface, spill over spa

15x30' kidney 22.9K gal IG pool; swg; Jandy Cl 340 cartridge filter; Pentair Intelliflo VS pump; 18hrs; K2006 Taylor; shallow well + utility; summer: ; winter: ; none; PF:5.2

Thanks for the info and tips. I'm now getting a LO chlorine production signal which is suppost to indicate a temp less than 60 when the temp (if I believe the sensor reading on the PDA) is 67. I also can't tell what is involved in getting to and replacing the front panel so I'm really considering calling in someone who has worked on one before, if I can find someone.

+ Reply to Thread