+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Installing a New Return Inlet

Default Installing a New Return Inlet

I want to add a return inlet in my in-ground shotcrete pool and am seeking advise. What diameter hole should I core drill for a 1.5" pipe? Any suggestions on how to do this is appreciated. I plan to seal around the pipe with hydraulic cement. Is this recommended?

Thanks,

Mark

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Installing a New Return Inlet

Hi, Mark, and welcome to the Pool Forum. I can't help with this question, but hopefully one of other members will have some suggestions for you. Just wanted to pop in and say hi! Hope you enjoy being a part of the forum.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Sheesh, I don't know. I've never done that, and it's something I'd think about for awhile before I committed. Maybe Waste or Waterbear has done something like that, successfully.

Off the top of my head, I'd probably go 3", so I could fully pack cement around the stub-out. If you get too snug, it's going to be really hard to fully pack the annular space around the pipe. I'd also be inclined to put a coupling halfway between the pool side and the dirt side of the shell, as a waterstop. But again, I've never done it before.

Thanks, Ben. I already committed with a 2" hole and an EZInlet (www.ezinlet.com). I don't like the way the unit seals so I'm gonna use traditional means. I have a core drill rig so expanding the hole is easy enough. Another person recommended placing a female adaptor flush with the surface. Good idea? The other pipes in the pool are simply stub-outs.
    In-ground pool w/ spa

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ Reply to Thread