+ Reply to Thread

Thread: photo of multiport valve to filter?

Default photo of multiport valve to filter?

I have a Hayward DE filter - old. I have it plumbed from when I bought the house 4 years ago - pump connects to bottom of filter; top of filter conencts to pool; filter also has shut-off valve to a drain into the woods.

I'd like to plumb in a multiport valve or something to bypass the filter for constant unfiltered, recirculation. This is not an option on this model filter. I'd like to add something between the pump and the filter. Does anyone do this? If so, do you have a photo I could see as an example?

Thanks.

duraleigh Guest

Default Re: photo of multiport valve to filter?

Quote Originally Posted by edarling
    I have a Hayward DE filter - old. I have it plumbed from when I bought the house 4 years ago - pump connects to bottom of filter; top of filter conencts to pool; filter also has shut-off valve to a drain into the woods.

I'd like to plumb in a multiport valve or something to bypass the filter for constant unfiltered, recirculation. This is not an option on this model filter. I'd like to add something between the pump and the filter. Does anyone do this? If so, do you have a photo I could see as an example?

Thanks.
    Good Morning,

I'm sure you could modify (with pvc) the in/out ports on your filter to accept a normal multiport valve ($90-120).

If you like messin' with pvc, you could also modify your plumbing to include a 3-way valve to bypass your filter as well. My experience has been I never have enough space to make all that plumbing look neat and professional.

The multiport valves are sure convenient and give you some options besides bypass as well. That would certainly be my choice.

+ Reply to Thread