+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking for Circupool Review

Default Re: Looking for Circupool Review

The pool company I went with only sells hayward so I got the T-15 cell

Hi.
    My name is Donald Uhle and along with my brother Ken, own the company that is the exclusive distributor in North America for CircuPool products. I’m happy to provide details about our company and I encourage any interested parties to check us out: You will find that we are good people doing an honest business.
    We started our business in 1997 with the Texas Corporation Pace Aero Corp and in 2004, it was furthered as Pace Research Ltd. Our legal DBA’s have been PoolBids.com and Discount Salt Pool. We’re a brick-and-mortar business with a staff of seven located in our own commercial building in Waller, Texas. Ken and I are hands-on operators and the wholesale/retail trade of salt chlorine generators is 99% of what we do.
    Our product line includes SWCG’s from Hayward, Pentair, Jandy, SGS, Solax, CompuPool and CircuPool. The CircuPool brand is made by CompuPool, in Australia since 1979. We have no relationships with Asian factories. Lastly, we strongly support the CircuPool products with parts and service and we are backed up by the CompuPool warranty folks in Apopka, Florida. As we know, the after-sale support of SWCG’s in any brand is very important and after selling many, many thousands of CircuPool units, our A+ rating with the BBB is not an accident. We have a terrific staff that goes above and beyond for our customers seven days a week. Please call or visit us anytime.
    Thanks for the opportunity to respond.
    Donald Uhle, President
    Pace Research Ltd, DBA Discount Salt Pool
    Discount Salt Pools

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

As noted in the edited posts above Don has verified, to my satisfaction, the legitimacy of his business.

This doesn't settle the question, "Which SWCG is best?", but should remove questions regarding his business per se.

Sincerely,

jilted is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst jilted 0

Was just lurking around and wanted to add that the circupool cell looks identical to my compupool cell. So it is very obvious that compupool is the manufacturer. I am going on year 3 with my system with original cell. I'm going to do a cleaning on it this year since I have not done it yet but there is almost no trace of buildup on my cell. One thing I did from the start is that I made a little cover to put over my cell to keep it out of almost full day sun just to take that extra step.
    26,500g inground vinyl liner (new liner installed June 2013)
    Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump - Hayward sand filter (sand changed in spring 2009)
    Compu Pool CPSC36 SWCG - Polaris 380 cleaner

One thing I think I tripped over by accident is that the Compu-Pool CPSC 24 and the Compu-Pool CPSC 36 seem to use the same controller. It appears that there is an internal setting that you can change for the specific cell you are using. So, If you have a CPSC 24 and want to bump up to a CPSC 36, I think you only have to buy the bigger cell and change the setting. You don't have to buy an new controller.

Can anyone verify this?
    If you can afford a swimming pool and computer, you can probably afford to help keep the PoolForum alive. Please be a responsible member and subscribe today. You'll probably save more than the membership fee on your first trip to the pool store. BTG

I can't confirm how that model operates, but what you theorize is exactly how you do it with the Aqua Rite units. There is a configurable option for cell type when you set up the control panel

Lord of the Cells: "One panel to control them all."
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

The CPSC24 and 36 have different power supplies and the transformer in the CPSC24 is not capable of powering the CPSC36 cell. The software in all models has the settings for all cell sizes (amperage) but the rest of the hardware is size specific.
    Discount Salt Pools

Quote Originally Posted by Pacecorp View Post
    The CPSC24 and 36 have different power supplies and the transformer in the CPSC24 is not capable of powering the CPSC36 cell. The software in all models has the settings for all cell sizes (amperage) but the rest of the hardware is size specific.
    That is fantastic information. You probably just saved me a lot of time, trouble, and money. I had planned to try to upgrade and get off easy, but I guess there is no free lunch in SWCG's. I love this forum!

Thanks for your reply - BTG.
    If you can afford a swimming pool and computer, you can probably afford to help keep the PoolForum alive. Please be a responsible member and subscribe today. You'll probably save more than the membership fee on your first trip to the pool store. BTG

I purchased a Circupool RJ-15 and got a free upgrade to a larger RJ-20 model in March 2012. Because of problems not related to the SWCG system I did not get everything up and running until July. When I powered up the control unit I discovered a problem with the display screen and programing area making the unit not to work properly. I contacted Cirupool about the problem. They emailed me a return shipping label and had UPS come out to pick the package up. They shipped a new controler out that I recieved in 2 days. They also adjusted my warranty start date from March 2012 to July 2012. The replacement controler worked perfectly all last season. Running at 50% output for 10 hours a day my CL level was maintained at 7 ppm all season. The only downside to the SWCG was the rise in PH level it creats from the CO2 gassing while clorine is created. I really like the fact that the generator cell is clear wher you can actually observe the gassing process take place. You can also see actualy the amount of any buildup on the generator plates. The unit automaticly changes polarity during operation which serves to self clean the generator cell plates. The operating instructions say it may be necessary to clean the generator cell in a murtic acid and water mixture once or twice a season. But so far the plates have had no noticeable buildup after one season. The cell is easily removed if needing service and to drain the system for winterizing. Their customer service was great and the product seems well made. I think from my experence after the first season it will be operating for many years. Their are no way to be sure any of the companys that produce SWCG will be around several years from now. But from the quality of Circupools equipment and customer service its a good bet they will be in business for a long time
    16X32 vinyl AG Doughboy 12,600 gal w/ deck down one side. 19" Doughboy filter, 1.5 hp Hayward pump, CircuPool RJ20 SWCG, 440 pounds salt, maintaining 30 ppm borates; CYA 60ppm.

I got my RJ30 at the beginning of pool season last year. Easy to install and so far works great. I have a 25000 gal pool and I only have to run it at 30% 8 hours a day.
    25000 IG gunite.

+ Reply to Thread