+ Reply to Thread

Thread: White plaster pool refinish

Default White plaster pool refinish

I have an older white plaster pool that needs refinishing and was wondering what my options are. I suppose I could go back with white plaster but was wondering about the pro's and cons of other finishes. I've looked at everything from pebbletech to paint.

I had one company come out and explain that what his company does is apply a skim coat of some material that the new plaster will adhere to. I was wondering if that was typical? On Youtube I saw a video where the existing plaster was physically removed to the gunite.
    I'm just wondering about the lifespan of a re-plaster and how long it will last depending on the method used

My pool is currently in fair shape, it clearly can use a replaster as it is quite pitted and in areas on the floor a sort of spider webbing effect of tiny cracks is evident like the underlying aggregate is showing through, but no major cracking.

Is there a site that explains the pro's and cons of different methods and finishes maybe?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Default Re: White plaster pool refinish

Hello? Is this thing on?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Sorry you didn't get any replies. Forum traffic is starting to pick up now compared to a month ago when you first posted so maybe someone will be around who will know something about this and can help you.

My 13 year old marcite plaster seemed to be in about the same shape last year. I looked at most of the options and picked Pebble Sheen. I am very happy with the product after one year. My pool is much easier to maintain and looks great!
    I used the largest pool builder in the Chicago area. They have a lot of experience, were very professional, but it was expensive.

+ Reply to Thread