When I started PoolSolutions, in 1996, I didn't yet understand how bogus much of the pool industry, and especially, the swimming pool chemical business was. But I learned.

As most long term users of the PoolForum know, there are a great many things pool stores and pool chemical companies will tell you that are pretty bogus.

Of course, the pool equipment companies don't have entirely clean hands, either! The ridiculous pump horsepower ratings - "full rate", "up rate" or above ground 'mystery rate' are as bad as anything the chemical companies have done . . . but at least the equipment companies don't make it impossible to tell that a 3/4 HP full rate equals a 1 HP uprate.

However, I thought it might be nice to have a gallery of selected screen shots and photos of bogus swimming pool claims and marketing drivel.

Feel free to join in . . . but since the companies won't welcome what you are doing, you'll need to document precisely where you found your "bogosity". So be sure to include a time and date of download, and an exact URL. I'll need to capture and archive what you submit, so some poor sales slob can't take it down, and then come back and say, "We never said that!"

If you really want to help me, make your post, but then ALSO email me at PoolForum AT gmail DOT com, and include your user ID, the URL, and a screen capture of what you found. (Irfanview (Google it!) is free and is a great screen cap and image display and edit tool -- very fast, very easy.)

Otherwise, have fun!