+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New pool owner

Default New pool owner

Just bought a house with a pool. I don't think my cover pump is working since I found it submerged. I tried opening the cover but it was too heavy to get all the water out, so I just covered the pool back for now. Should I be concerned about water building up on the pool cover? What are some resources I should check in order to learn how to clean and maintain the pool?

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: New pool owner

The best resource you can use to learn how to clean and maintain the pool is the one you're reading right now! Take some time and read through as much of the forum as you can, and then read some more at our sister site, Poolsolutions.com. That should give you plenty of information to get you on the right track, and you can still post any questions that you have here.

Is your pool inground or above ground?
    Janet

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Too much water on the cover can pull the cover into the pool, and dump all that swamp water in. Better get (or borrow) a small electric pump and remove the water.

But, FIRST, I'd check that pump to make sure it's not working. It could be that the GFCI just tripped, and that it will run if you reset.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by PoolDoc View Post
    and dump all that swamp water in.
    Yep. Been there, done that, have the ugly pics! Just another reason I don't cover my pool in the winter anymore!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Want to send me the ugly pics, Watermom? I'll post them under someone else's name!

+ Reply to Thread