+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When is it REALLY time to have the pool resurfaced - and with what?

Default When is it REALLY time to have the pool resurfaced - and with what?

Hi All --

I'd like to know the experts' thoughts on this topic. We have a 10,000-gallon in-ground plaster pool that is badly stained and rather unsightly color-wise, but otherwise, seems (to my untrained eyes, anyway) to be in okay condition. There certainly are not any holes or big chips in it. We had a pool restoration company come out to give us an estimate on resurfacing and some other things, and the guy suggested that the plaster has "a year or two left." That was a year-and-a-half ago. So what should I be looking for that says that the end has come?

Secondly, what experiences do you have with the various surfaces such as plaster, pebble-tec, 3M, vinyl? We are in Arizona, if that makes a difference or rules-out any of the surfaces.

Unfortunately, the pool is at the age (almost 10 years) where I'm looking at either spending thousands of dollars in resurfacing and equipment replacement in the near future or scrapping the whole thing, so I'm trying to collect as much information as I can.

Thanks!

Scott

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Default Re: When is it REALLY time to have the pool resurfaced - and with what?

Hey, Scott!

Stains are not a reason to resurface the pool. There are ways to lift the stains If the surface is so bad that you need to apply band-aids to your feet, after walking in the shallow end, then -YES- it's time to resurface the pool.

If what you want to do is get the surface back to it's original whiteness, we will help you figure out what kind of stains they are and recommend the proper course of treatment.

Please post back!
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

+ Reply to Thread