+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pool Cover Clips

Default Pool Cover Clips

Hi gang, another winterizing question from a neewbie (2nd yr pool owner, first time self-closing.) Do Pool Cover Clips actually hold the cover firmly and taught to the pool's edge? I have an air pillow in the center and I want the cover to be tight, creating a nice downward slope for rain to run off and avoid getting puddles. So, does the cover stay firm with the clips or does it eventually sag? I have heard of using milk-jugs or bungees to keep the cover taught. But the clips - if they work - would be safer and easier. Thanks for your help with my last post and for all the valuable info the forum has provided! Steve (12x24 AG Oval.)

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Default Re: Pool Cover Clips

Hey, Steve

You don't want the cover that tight. You do want a little water on the cover to help keep it from blowing off. The air pillow creates a high section in the center to force water and debris to the edges for easier removal.

The clips and the jugs are only to keep wind from blowing the cover off, not top keep the cover 'tight as a bow'.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Thanks for the reply -- and for not mentioning the typo's (I meant "newbie" and "taut.") ... my thinking is that a tightly-secured cover would not be threatened by high winds, and preventing puddles would mean less maintenance. The question then becomes, what is the best way to make the cover tightly-secured? Does anyone utilize this method? Does it work? If so, how do you accomplish it? Thanks again.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

The only "tightly secured" covers I've seen are mesh. Those ARE tight, but they have 2000# test straps every 3' to 5'. If you stress a conventional water proof cover like that, you'll just rip it. If you want to look at the "safety covers", check out these two sites:
    http://www.looploc.com/
    and
    http://www.meycoproducts.com/

+ Reply to Thread