+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Read the stickies/Still have closing questions.

Default Read the stickies/Still have closing questions.

Hey all,

I read the stickies and searched the forum, but still have a couple of questions.

I am prepping to winterize my IG pool for the 2nd time. I inherited the green slime pool last fall and did my best to close it down. We live in Middle TN, so winters aren't too severe, though last winter saw several days in the single digits. Ended up with one cracked shut-off valve to the heater, which I piped around, so all-in-all no major problems. But, I didn't do everything as well as I should have, obviously.

-Blowing the lines: Can/how do I use a Shop Vac to accomplish this? OR do I need to rent an air compressor from HD?

-Multiport: Do I need to remove this for TN winters? If so, how do I do this?

-Antifreeze: What's the best kind and where to buy?

-Polyquat: I have used the BBB method all summer with excellent results. Never used any Poly, do I need to now?

Thanks,
    -A
    Pool Specs: 20,000 gal. • inground • vinyl liner • Hayward s200 sand filter

21' kidney 20K gal AG pool; Bleach; Hayward S200 sand filter; Hayward pump; 8/10/2012hrs; Taylor k2600; utility water; summer: ; winter: ; iPhone; PF:6

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Read the stickies/Still have closing questions.

Blowing lines: Don't know
    Multiport: If it's a top mount it's easy, assuming you have quick connects on the plumbing. If not it's tougher and you should install them. After that, you just loosen the mounting clamp and lift up. Be sure to dry and lube the o-ring with teflon lube for rubber, then I store it in a zip-lock bag. Side mounts should just pop off with quick connects.
    Antifreeze: Not sure but the kind for RV plumbing that's not poison is what you use.
    Polyquat: You don't NEED to use it. I like to.

Carl
    Carl

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: Read the stickies/Still have closing questions.

One thing with removing a top mount multiport: turn it before and while lifting to break it free of the vertical pipe and avoid binding.

Oops anixon7 has a Hayward s200 - side mount - nevermind.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

+ Reply to Thread