+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pro Tease/ SWG CYA

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Default Re: Pro Tease/ SWG CYA

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    will they claim next that their product makes the water 'wet'????
    Actually, there IS a product out there called "Water Wetter"!! It's for car and motorcycle radiators and it's supposed to improve the heat transfer to the radiator. The crazy thing is the stuff actually works! Vehicles DO run cooler. In racing, I gather you cannot run anti-freeze--in an accident or a spill it causes other accidents. So they run distilled water, and ALL of the teams add "Water Wetter" to it to improve the performance.

Thought THAT would be good for grins!
    Carl

Exclamation Re: Pro Tease/ SWG CYA

And I thought a "water wetter" was my friends 4 year old?

Great rant waste! I'm with ya man. Seems that everyone and everything is driven by the almighty $$. Since we're ranting, why can't anyone else come up with a realistic "Best Guess" chart like Ben? Several people (legitimate or not) have discussed the effects of high CYA on FC yet even the CDC states FC should be between .5 & 3 and CYA should be no higher than 100. Soooooo, FC of 3 and CYA of 100 is O.K???????

From the Salt Peanut Gallery.... YES!
    Sean Assam
    Commercial Product Sales Manager - AquaCal AutoPilot Inc. Mobile: 954-325-3859
    e-mail: sean@teamhorner.com --- www.autopilot.com - www.aquacal.com

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Hey all,
    Again, thanks for all the input (ohmygosh - I started a popular thread ).
    (Ben, I just noticed it - thanks for fixing my 'bad' link )
    For all who've followed this 'rant' I'd like to direct you to my latest on the ? that started this thread.
    (fingers crossed)... http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php?p=9262

Holy &^%*$##@ I made a successful link!!!
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

+ Reply to Thread