+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stains

Default Stains

Hi there -
    A few questions. I'm nearly certain I have metal stains as the Vitamin C test works on them and I can tell the liner is stained as well. (I have overall staining and then some concentrated areas of stain scale in corners and on the light, etc).

First question - is there any danger in just saying "forget it - I'll deal with it in the spring" - I'm in Chicago and ready to close, but have plenty of other things going on.

Second - when I do deal with this is there anything special I have to do as I have a heater?

Some stats - 20x40 inground with roman ends (stains in all the corners and creases in the deep end) - approximately 30-35k gallons.

Thanks,
    Doug

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Stains

Bumping this back up.... You can always deal with the stains next year--after all, there's no reason you can't swim in a stained pool-- but as far as your question about the heater, I'll have to let the equipment gurus answer that one.
    Janet

+ Reply to Thread