+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Any experience with the Wall Whale brush?

Default Re: Any experience with the Wall Whale brush?

Works just as claimed. An incredibly simple idea that uses downforce from the water to push the brush down against walls and floors with little effort on your part. The tail then reverses to make pulling it back effortless. It applies so much force, in fact, that you really have to tighten down your telescoping pole or it'll collapse on you.

Sadly, I just got a Dolphin Dynamic, so I probably won't find much need for my Wall Whale; great product though.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Talking Re: Any experience with the Wall Whale brush?

Andy, don't hang that puppy up for good, yet. (I know this thread is a little old, but sometimes they just need a little 'fluffing') Even with your dolphin, a weekly brushing is a good idea, for the reasons I gave above - your brush can get into small areas that the dolphin just passes over. I'm not implying that you'll get an algae bloom if you don't brush, but a little preventative maint. can save you a big headache - besides, you've already paid for the cool brush, why not use it? (if only to get the area around the returns and suction ports, the ladder treads and skimmer mouth)
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

I had been thinking about getting a wall whale before I saw this thread and after reading the reviews thought this sounds like just what I need. I didn't get the same results. Using it on the walls the transition from down stroke to up stroke takes too long and it just doesn't seem to have the pressure I was looking for.
    I want a pool cleaner that will scrub everything and free me from this hellish chore. It sure wasn't the Dolphin diagnostic.
    Herb

Is anyone having any issues with the brush bristles coming off with frequent use?

I bought a wall brush last year, and every time I used it, the plastic bristles would come off, float on the surface and it was a real pain in the... I ditched it, and have been leary of plastic wall brushes since.

KurtV is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver KurtV 0

rb,
    You're right, the bristles break down after a while on all the plastic brushes. Sunlight/heat and salt/chlorine speed up that process, so storing it out of the sun and rinsing with tap water after use will prolong its life.

Thanks Kurt. I was storing it in the garage, can't say I was rinsing it. I wonder why they make them from hard, stiff plastic like they do?

I've been using the head of one of those handled brushes you can attach to a garden hose, for washing cars. Very soft polymer bristles, and stands up well to the pool. I just wish it was wider, and could easily be attached to my vac pole.

KurtV is offline Registered+ Widget Weaver KurtV 0

tYep, and those hard plastic bristles hurt like blue blazes when they stick in your hand while you're brushing them off the pump strainer basket.

+ Reply to Thread