+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jandy LT400N-L Pool Heater Question

Default Jandy LT400N-L Pool Heater Question

Hi, I am a new form member. I just purchased a home that has an oversized spa with a Jandy LT400N-L Pool Heater. The issue I am having is no gas flow to the burner. I have confirmed no 24 VAC to the gas valve. After each attempted start the exhaust fan runs for about a minute then it stops and the "Service" light comes on. After 3 attempts the “Air Flow” light comes on. Since there appears to be lots of airflow it seems likely it is either a faulty pressure switch or a plugged vacuum line. BTW, I am a General and Electrical Contractor so even though I am not familiar with pool heaters specifically I have worked on similar equipment in the past. My problem is figuring out how to access things. The right side and the back are 6 inches from a block wall so I would have to get access thru the front, left side, or top. Any suggestions on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Jandy LT400N-L Pool Heater Question

I can't offer much help, except a link to the manual:
    http://www.jandy-downloads.com/pdfs/LXandLT_H02140B.pdf

If you want suggestions, a picture would help. If you send some to poolforum AT gmail DOT com . . . I'll post them. Send the LARGE; I'll shrink them as needed.

I had a similar problem when I bought my house. Turned out that even though the tank in my yard was full of gas, the gas company had shut off one of the valves to "disconnect" the service when the previous owner left. Kinda was a shocker to me since I didn't think of gas in a tank on my property as a service... I figured I bought a house, and the big tank of gas came with it just like the water heater in the garage.... but anyway, are you sure you've got gas running to the heater?

I hope shell never decides they are going to put a valve on my car's gas tank...
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Quote Originally Posted by kelemvor View Post
    I hope Shell never decides they are going to put a valve on my car's gas tank...
    Not Shell.

But I think Al Gore is already working on it.

I solved the problem. One end of the vacuum hose between the blower and the air pressure switch has rotted and fallen off. $2 of new hose fixed it.

+ Reply to Thread