+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Power Light on Goldline Chlorine Generator

Default No Power Light on Goldline Chlorine Generator

Just noticed that there is no green power light on my control panel. The display works showing temperature and salt concentration, but there is no generation, i.e., no voltage or current to the cell. Removed cover and checked voltage. It's 240 VAC at the terminals. I have the Goldline 066012C-1, Rev C, circuit board. 20 Amp fuse is good. Unit is six years old and the chlorine cell was just replace last season and recently cleaned. Generator has been working fine until today. Do I need a new board?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: No Power Light on Goldline Chlorine Generator

I've moved your post into the SWCG section, so perhaps you'll get an answer there. But, calling Goldline's customer support is always a good start.

That sounds similar to the symptoms mine had when the board had a fried component, but I had the older rev without the fuse. I'd call Hayward (They own goldline) technical support, they accurately diagnosed my problem over the phone.

Customer Service: 1-800-HAYWARD (429-9273)
    Technical Support: 908-355-7995
    rectangle 11.5K gal IG concrete pool;; 125sf cartridge filter; 2hp 1 speed pump; K-2006, k-1766; PF:10

mas985 is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars

Sounds like this problem:

www.nocellpower.com
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

mas985 is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars

Turns out this is a very common problem with the Goldline units. There are probably a couple posts a month on this on various forums.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

About two weeks ago, I had the classic No Cell Power msg on my AquaLogic PS-8. I removed the board, found the burned out joint, and resoldered it per the recommendation. Put it back together and all was fine for a week. Now I am getting the Cell Power Error message. I cut the power for 10 minutes and it comes back up, runs fine for 2 days or so, then I get the Cell Power Error back. I have read various posts on the new that range from the system board is bad vs the salt cell is bad or needs to be cleaned. Any thoughts of where to look next is much appreciated.

It sounds like it might thermal related and the connection fails after some time. I would check the solder joint again and make sure that the PC board and relay are still in contact. If the joint is still looks good, then it could also be the K1 relay element that is connected to that solder joint. A few people have replaced it with some success.
    Mark

+ Reply to Thread