+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pool Comparison

Jacob99 is offline Subscriber Thread Analyst Jacob99 0

Default Pool Comparison

I was looking at this in a 30 footer:

http://www.sunenterprises.com/platinumpools.htm

or this in a 28 footer:

http://www.sharkline.com/escalade-RTR-54-pool.html

For me, bigger is better. The 33' will be a little too big for my yard which is why I'm not including that. 30' would be ideal.

However, I spoke to a local Sharkline dealer who said he can get the Wilbar Diamond Star (30 footer) above, but he says it's a lower end pool than the Sharkline. I thought Wilbar was the parent company of Sharkline, so wouldn't Wilbar be the higher end? I'm just wondering if he's BS'ing me....

I've been going back and forth to different places, and finding much better deals online. Problem is finding a trustworthy installer who knows what he's doing. The local pool place will own their own install even though the 28 footer will technically cost more than the 30 footer. I really like the style and look (and extra space) of the Wilbar one...

Default Re: Pool Comparison

Look for any "terms & conditions" verbiage concerning how you might be using your pool. For example salt systems invite corrosion, and this is can be a reason for a damage claim unpaid.

Warranty Void if:

"Damages caused by the utilisation of a salt water chlorination system in combination with a steel pool structure (top ledges, uprights, joiner plates, wall
    channels)."

http://www.sharkline.com/warranties/...ar_20_year.pdf

Jim

Jacob99 is offline Subscriber Thread Analyst Jacob99 0

Default Re: Pool Comparison

Thanks for the reply. You linked a 20 year plus warranty...is that just an example? I'm actually having a difficult time figuring out what pool has what warranty. According to Sharkline's website there are 7 different levels of warranty. Starts with "Pro Series Warranty", then Silver, Gold, Platinum, Royal, Emerald, and Elite, but none of these pools seem to list what class of warranty they have. I also contacted Wil-bar and the rep who answered the phone didn't know and said I would be better off contacting a local retailer...

I'm not sure if the Wil-bar reps even know all the different pools out there since there are so many, and each company seems to attach their own name to it...

+ Reply to Thread