Our pool is no fun because of insects. First, we seem to have some type of light brown, TEENY TINY worm/bug thing all over the pool. I mean, ALL OVER IT. On the sides, in the skimmer, in the water - the whole pool is covered with these things. Never seen anything like them before. Pool is brand new, just installed 2 weeks ago. Water is beautiful and clear, other than these bugs. If I stick my hand in the pool, and retrieve it, my hand will be covered with them. I think they look like teeny tine maggots - my husband thought chiggars (spelling?) but I thought chiggars (although small) looked like spiders? These are more 'worm-like'. We live in the Mid-South (just south of Memphis, in Mississippi).

Also, we have these terrible biting/stinging flying ant or very very small wasp things. At first glance, they look like large black ants. But they have wings. And Stingers! And their stings are terrible, resulting in large welts. It's no fun to be in the pool because these things are always stinging us. They get into the pool, and of course most end up dead, but if YOU are in the pool, they crawl all over YOU (or your float, or whatever) in order to not drown, and in the process, sting you.

We spent lots of $$ on the pool and a nice deck, etc.. And can't enjoy it. Can a pest control company do anything? I mean, it seems silly - kind of like asking a pest control company to come get rid of the wasps or mosquitos - yet I can't help but think there has to be SOMETHING that could be done..

Any suggestions on EITHER of these pests would be greatly appreciated!!!