+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new here

Thumbs up new here

Hi all, I am a some what new pool owner. Just moved a 24 x 54 agp to our house from the in-laws (too much for them to take care of). Anyways I've been reading here and decided to go the bbb method. I got my tf100 xl kit with boron test strips. tested every thing.
    fc-21
    cc-0
    tc-21 ( i think)
    ph-7.5
    t/a-140
    ch-120
    cya-20-30

now this pool has only been up since 8/8. since then i have added 3 gal of cl (12.5%) and 4lb of cya and one box of borax. I was using strips ( I know) and said ph might be low so i added one box..I was just trying to keep it from getting out of hand before i got the test kit. So since i have no cc what level should i keep the fc at and how long . I think I remember a week for initial shock. Oh yeah i just added the cya yesterday so I know i wont see that come up for a few days. Also want to add the boron, should I wait till i get the cl level up. thanks for any suggestions I know theirs alot of knowledge here

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: new here

Hi and welcome to the Pool Forum! Your CC at 0 is exactly what you want. Your FC (free chlorine) is high at 21. Let it drift down and keep it between 3-6ppm. A week after you added the CYA, test for it and see where you are and post the reading. Your pH is good at 7.5 so don't add any more Borax. TA is a little high at 140 but not a problem. CH is ok at 120 but don't let anyone talk you into adding any calcium. Vinyl pools don't need it. Looks to me like everything is just fine once that FC comes down a little.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Default Re: new here

Welcome to to Forum! Sounds like you are doing well with the pool!!

Listen to Watermom's advice and you shouldn't have any chemistry problems
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

+ Reply to Thread