+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hayward Ultra Vac Not Moving

Hybrid View

Default Hayward Ultra Vac Not Moving

My Ultra Vac recently stopped moving - my suction is good and all of the consumables have been replaced. When it's on the bottom of the pool, the pods stop moving because it's being pulled on to the pool bottom and the force of the pods isn't enough to get it to move. I assume that this means that the internal gearing is bad, so I would like to replace all of the suspect parts.

Is there a list of parts that I should replace to give it a full "tune-up"?

Default Re: Hayward Ultra Vac Not Moving

If adjustable, reduce the amount of suction being sent to it. I've found if i give mine too much suction it moves in a jerky motion and some times stops.
    14'x31' kidney 21K gal IG plaster pool; SWCG (Saline Generating System's SGS Breeze); Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE DE filter; Whisperflow 1 HP pump; 8 hours hrs; kit purchased from Ben; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; PF:5.7

I tried adjusting the amount of suction from full (well below the "max" line on the suction gauge) all the way down to about 25% (just above the "min" line). Regardless of where I set the suction, it won't move.

The pods move fine when the unit is suspended in the water, but as soon it hits the bottom, the pods are barely able to move.

I opened it up at lunch and saw that two of the rollers on the A-frame assembly had come (they were sitting in the pre-filter basket with all the ball bearings). I picked up an A-frame/turbine kit for $55 at the local pool store so we should be up and running this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewnadeau View Post
    I opened it up at lunch and saw that two of the rollers on the A-frame assembly had come (they were sitting in the pre-filter basket with all the ball bearings). I picked up an A-frame/turbine kit for $55 at the local pool store so we should be up and running this evening.
    Did it work?
    John

15K gallon in-ground plaster pool (30yrs old) - Pentair 420 Clean & Clear Plus cartridge filter
    IntelliFlo Variable Speed pump - Ray-Pac 266 BTU gas heater

I got the exact same problem at first then bought the kit and replaced the A frame and internal roller for $45 on amazon. it worked great for 1 day then now doing the same thing, just like you described. any advice???

+ Reply to Thread