+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aqua Rite SWG display problems

Default Aqua Rite SWG display problems

Just last week I noticed that the display readout on my generator is not displaying any salinity levels. It shows all the other readings.. just not that one.. I have been searching for an answer online and haven't found anything.. It seems to be operating properly as my pool has cholorine in it when I strip-test it and the manual test for salt levels are okay.... The generating light is green.. and check salt light is not flashing..

Any help would be gretly appreciated.. thanks..

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Default Re: Aqua Rite SWG display problems

Welcome to the Forum!

When you open the door to the unit the display is blank? What does it show if yuo press the little black diagnostic button, next to the display, 5 times - after 5 pushes you should see "-####"?

I've never heard of this before but will help you all I can.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

When I open the door, before pushing any buttons, the readout on the display used to be that standard salt display ... 2900 or 3100, etc.. But now the first thing I see when I open the door is the pool temp readout. Push button #1 is pool temp, #2 is cell voltage, #3is cell current, #4 is desired output, #5 is salinity, which right now is showing -2.50 .. It used to show it in xxxx ppm.. So I don't know how to convert that into ppm and don't know my salt level at the moment, #6 is AL-0, #7 is r 1.40, #8 is 2.40 .. Don't know what this is!! If I wait and don't push the button again, the display reverts back to showing the pool temp.

This morning my check salt and inspect cell light is flashing. I need to buy more strips to measure my salt so I can't check it manually today.

Thanks..

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

That's odd (that the average display is gone)

However, your unit thinks the salt is 2500 ppm - when you're at push 5 (salinity) push the from 'auto' to 'super' and back to 'auto' and you should get ppm

The 2500 is why your check salt light is flashing. The inspect cell light will flash ~ every 3 months - check the cell for debris or scale and then push and hold the diagnostic button for ~ 5 seconds and it will turn off.

If you have your owner's manual, the info on button pushes is on page 14 (IIRC) - #6 identifies the unit, #7 is the software revision # and I forget what #8 is

You need to get the salt up a little to satisfy the unit - another 100 ppm will stop the check salt light.

I wish you well with this! Please keep us updated.
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Thanks for your help. It was nice to just open the door and quickly see the salt level. I guess it still works properly without it. I'll just have to get used to pushing the button

Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread