+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pool Extras ... what should they cost?

Default Pool Extras ... what should they cost?

Hi Everyone
    I am obviously new here....I am just beginning to get quotes on building a new inground gunite pool. I have a few questions about the cost of some of the extra features for the pool. I know that once you find the builder and sign the contract any extras could really cost a lot. I don't have the time to really price more than 2 or 3 builders so maybe you can help.
    Could anyone give me a general cost for the following optional upgrades on a Gunite pool

1) Automatic water leveler
    2) Wireless remote system to control pool and spa with 8 functions
    3) Bubblers
    4) Deck Jets - No fiber optic just regular
    5) Adding Additonal returns
    6) Adding an additional 500 watt white light not LED
    7) Is there a certain sft price for building a wall...say just a 10 wall 18 inches with a step up to 24 inches then down to 18 with one powerfall - say a 2 foot waterfall in the middle. Tile facing only.

Thanks so much

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Pool Extras ... what should they cost?

I'm going to mod you in, so you can get answers . . . but I need to warn you that pricing and availability of products and equipment for in ground pools is *intensely* local.

What this means is the answers you get may be worse than useless because they may be very misleading. What is available inexpensively in one area may be unavailable in another or -- worse -- available only from a contractor eager to try that product or method, but with no experience.

The LAST thing you want is a top of the line new electronics system installed by a contractor who has never even seen one before!

Good luck!

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Automatic levelers sound really cool, but they are no more complicated than a toilet tank. They work the same way-- a float arm drops and opens a valve. When it hits the target, it turns off. There are simple, over-the pool-edge ones that work fine. Sump crock pumps work the same way.

An automatic leveling drain is even simpler--no moving parts needed! Mine is a standard return, the goes to a pipe that rises to the desired level, then drops into a drain...like a J-Trap under your sink turned upside down.

Carl
    Carl

vinper is offline Subscriber Thread Analyst vinper 0

All depends on where you live . These are contractor out of pocket numbers,most times he just buys the parts and the subs add it at NC to him, so he will get you for what he can , I negotiated most of these in cheap . 1) $75 for the unit . but how close is the water line feed? 2) just the controller is $2500 I made my own manuel controller 3) I added 2 sprayers $75 4) you should have a complete looped return line (make sure they are installing a complete loop)around pool so one more tap is cheap 5) light niche $50 lamp $150 6) I paid 750 per ton of Moss rock waterfall installed did 6 tons...

+ Reply to Thread