+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Real Problems Yet

Default No Real Problems Yet

Hi there. Don't really have any problems today, just looking to do some searching on the site for information. I'm relatively new to the pool world and just trying to read up on some guidance I get from Leslie's Pool store. I was told a week ago I needed to add some phosfree and didn't do it and today I had my water tested and they said no need to add. Confused why last week I needed and now I don't.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: No Real Problems Yet

Because last week they thought they could get you to buy it. Phosphate removers are one of the latest, greatest ways for them to get you to buy something that will have no visible effect on the water, but that you don't need--but that makes money for the store. If you have a properly chlorinated pool, you won't have algae. Period.

Welcome to the forum!
    Janet

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

Phosphate removers can also goop up your pool, making your water cloudy. We have never had (in my memory) an occasion where a pool owner needed them, and we have people with perfectly clean, sanitary pools that have phosphate levels that make pool stores salivate at how much remover they THINK they will sell. I think Chem_Geek has a phosphate level of 3000, and 500 is "too high". His pool is as clean as anybody's. Why? He uses the B-B-B method rigorously.

Carl
    Carl

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

just wanted to let you know you now have general access to the forum. -ben

+ Reply to Thread