+ Reply to Thread

Thread: duct tape to hold liner in track??

Default duct tape to hold liner in track??

my IG vinyl liner slips out of the track in a couple of areas where the track in the coping is cracked. We plan to replace the coping etc in the next couple of years. I was told that if I use duct tape over the liner in the areas where it slips out, it will hold it in place.....there is liner lock in as well. has anyone every tried this? do you think the duct tape will be strong enough?
    Thanks for input

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

Default Re: duct tape to hold liner in track??

As a simple answer, no. Duct tape will dry out especially if exposed to sun. Best you could hope for is the tape will keep water from getting behind the liner if the level gets that high. Duct tape is very strong in tension but the sticky stuff isn't that strong in shear. I have the identical problem at a curve at the deep end. Track is cracked. I tried duct tape to keep water out but wound up squishing a big blob of silicone seal behind the liner to plug the gap. Problem hasn't gotten worse in a year but some morning I expect the liner to start pulling out again.
    Al

+ Reply to Thread