+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IG Pool purchase guide?

Default IG Pool purchase guide?

looking to be able to evaluate a couple different proposals received for IG vinyl pool. costs range from 33K to 50K. want to know how to know how to benchmark each proposal in order to actually compare (e.g., pump manufacturer, pump size, filter size, heater type, salt generator system, etc.) also, looking for intel on what attributes of all components of a new IG pool proposal should be considered and which ones are fluff. i mean, winter pool covers vary for crying out loud. mesh, smartmesh, solid, etc.

eventually, i need to get to the point where i can:
    1. know how to compare proposals w/ differing components
    2. know how to trade-off stuff not really needed or can be "downgraded" from premium equipment since builder grade may be good enough.

first post. thanks.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: IG Pool purchase guide?

As far as I know, the site that comes closes to what you are looking for is
    http://www.howibuiltmyownpool.com/

Ben

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Default Re: IG Pool purchase guide?

Welcome to the Forum!

The easier way to do this might be for you to list the different quotes/ proposals and let us comment on what's right and wrong with each of them. There are just too many different ways to build an IG liner pool - many things don't really matter but some of them do!

From your name, I assume you are either in England or New Jersey, I'm a born and bread Garden Stater and it's always nice for me to help the folks back home
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

+ Reply to Thread