+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Sudden cloudiness

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Sudden cloudiness

I respectfully disagree. Raise it before you leave town or else have your dad do it.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

I agree with Watermom. You risk doing damage to your pool if your pH get below 7.0. It won't take long, or much effort, to raise it.

Janet

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Since you have a vinyl pool Aylad and Watermom are right on the money...get the pH up now.
    pH below 7.0 can and will damage vinyl liners.

I think a more important question is how did your pH and TA get as low as it did? Normally that is seen with the use of Trichlor, Dihlor, and or MPS (non chlorine shock) AND not monitoring TA and pH since these acidic chemicals deplete both but since you have no CYA in your water that indicates that you have not used either trichlor or dichlor since they both add CYA to the water and you indicated you shock with sodium hypochlrite (bleach). Do you add acid to your pool and if so do you do it without testing pH?
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Our point exactly. But since the OP won't be there to correct his pH if it drops, it's safer to correct it before he leaves. There is obviously something driving his pH down, so there 's no guarantee it won't keep falling, possibly to the point where damage is done to his liner.

Barry J is offline Registered+ Thread Analyst Barry J 0

This is the "OP", whatever that means.. My vaca was not ruined, i got back and with my dada maintainence , i tested the water , and my cl and ph levels were still good, tomorrow on my day off, I'll check all the levels again, thanks for all the help ....and entertainment from the last couple of posts.
    My kids are happy to be back in their pool, where there are no sharks and jellyfish.
    Thanks again
    Barry

"original poster".

Glad you had a good vacation, and that there are no sharks and jellyfish in the pool!!

Janet

+ Reply to Thread