+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fiberglass pool

Default Fiberglass pool

Hello, I have a really dirty inground fiberglass pool, the color of the water is dark green almost black, I attempted to clean the deep end but it seems to have a large amount of debris and leaves. What's the best way to get it cleaned? is there an external vacuum that I can purchase/rent to remove all the debris? I had pool companies suggest draining the pool and starting over with fresh water? is that process safe, any good/bad experiences? any suggestions would be appreciated?

Thanks,
    Aboabdo

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Fiberglass pool

You can usually drain a solid fiberglass pool, if the surrounding ground is not low or wet. If it *IS* low or wet, the pool can 'float out of the ground', which is pretty much of a an un-fixable disaster.

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Fiberglass pool

If you decide not to drain it, the best (and safest) thing I know to do is get a leaf rake--looks like a big mesh bag with a squeegie on one side, that acts a lot like a shovel to shovel the leaves into the bag. It's a lot of manual labor, but if you can't see the bottom, I'd be really hesitant to put any equipment in there because you don't know what could be damaged. There have been stranger things than dead leaves found at the bottom of pools!!!

Once all the debris is out, we can walk you through getting it cleared up. It will take a lot of time and bleach, but it can be done!!

Janet

+ Reply to Thread